TERRARIA!!!!

General PC Games Discussion
Ddreder
Administrator
Administrator

TERRARIA!!!!

Post by Ddreder » Mon May 16, 2011 8:17 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

THIS LOOKS SO BAD ASS!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

a leaked version below but only download if you own the full version. no pirating now ;)
Attachments
terraria.7z
(5.55 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

chunkygorillas
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: TERRARIA!!!!

Post by chunkygorillas » Mon May 16, 2011 2:34 pm

I pirated the beta, I plan to buy it tomorrow
(by pirated I mean I bought it legally of course)

Ddreder
Administrator
Administrator

POSSIBLE LAG FIX

Post by Ddreder » Tue May 17, 2011 3:30 pm

so ive been poking around and here might be a possible quick fix for the mob jumping around lag. check it out

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/g ... rmal.3501/

well i ment thisto scroll down to this post so here it is
Hey everyone. I do know what the issue is and Redigit is going to look into it soon. It's a problem with XNA for certain pc's not sure what or why but here is some info:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... estep.aspx

IsFixedTimeStep is false should be what the engine should be set as or have an option at least to enable / disable it.

This guy almost solved it with false but one of his tests it was true and worked. He thought it was full screen but this is not the case. This CAN happen by chance where it fixes it's self but most the time it goes to hell again..

http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/p/ ... spx#376918

QUICK FIX RIGHT NOW?

Set fraps to force record at 30fps and it should force the fps to correct it's self to the correct speed. You will know it's working when the game starts going faster. You might even sometimes have this thinking its a speed hack but this was not the case it's in fact the correct speed!!

PS: If you are having lag play other peoples server or even your own and such. And don't understand why mobs are hitting you or things are warping? It's you not them. Now of course could be the net connection but this bug will in fact cause you to warp around on another peoples servers since its slow at update the information to that server. AKA causing you to take damage and such and act strange....

Again fraps enabled while recording and limiting fps to 30 has worked amazing for me during testing.

chunkygorillas
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by chunkygorillas » Thu May 19, 2011 7:41 pm

I get no lag, I know you guys have been complaining about it but its fine for me, its odd

Rumple4Skin
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Rumple4Skin » Fri May 20, 2011 8:10 am

Could be client side like Ddreder has stated repeatedly. It uses up a bunch of resources. I have yet to try out the fraps thing though. And btw you are all bad at dis game. :P

chunkygorillas
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by chunkygorillas » Sat May 21, 2011 2:08 pm

I dont think u can be bad at terraria I think you can just play it more than other people

Quhan
Movin on up
Movin on up

Post by Quhan » Mon May 23, 2011 9:38 am

i think that once i get my new computer up and running it will be a fun game i just need to learn the controls a little better!